View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #17
RetVet
Statistical Error

I have all the front end hardware en route compliments of Springfield Sporters. The middle barrel band will take some creative modifications to get closer to an original, but at this stage I'm not real picky.

The stock I have is coming off an Ishapore Mk3, but is walnut and should match the butt stock pretty well.

For the upper handguard I have a walnut rear handguard from a No4 Mk1 Enfield that's going to get grafted to the front handguard off a No.1 MkIII. I've seen this done before on other Mk V rebuilds with good effect. I don't have a front handguard yet though. Still working on finding one. No.1 MkIII stock wood is not as common as it used to be. Unlike No.4 Mk1/2 furniture which is still pretty common with new sets easy to come by at a reasonable price.

I toyed with the idea of picking up a complete No.1 MkIII rifle to scavenge parts off of, but those things are pricing like gold these days.

The rear sight slide will just have to wait. I have very low prospects of ever fixing that piece or finding a replacement.