View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #16
Sanders

I got the Model 29 with a 4" bbl., pinned and recessed. The price I paid had me looking over my shoulder as I left the shop, lest they come running after me.

I found out later that the previous owner, a fairly well-known collector in the area, had a professional trigger job done on it, and would take it out of his safe and wipe it down with a silicone cloth, once a week. He sure didn't shoot it very much.

I don't know if you've priced .44 mag ammo, lately. Last time I looked, it was around $60/50 for jacketed semi-wad cutters. So, I haven't purchased factory loads in years. Plus, factory ammo is loaded to the high-end.

I load a 240 gr. cast SWC round with Unique using a recipe that was worked up by John Taffin. You can shoot this all day and still be able to hold a fork at dinner time. If you add just 1/2 grain to the recipe, it becomes painful.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote