View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #18
A.J.
Dud

Forgiveness:

I don't stay mad long. If somebody really screw me over, I'm mad for a while then I just let it go.

If someone screws me over in a particularly awful manner, I'll get over it but will never have anything to do with that person again. I won't wish them any ill will. I just don't want to have anything to do with them. Example:

About 15 years ago I was fired from a successful part-time local Blues band by the two lead guys who were my "best friends". They fired me through an email to my WIFE!!! Reason: they didn't like the fact I had gone back into the Army Reserves and were concerned my training schedule would conflict with gigs.

Fast forward 14 years. I bump into one of the guys who fired me at a restaurant. The guy sits down at my table and couldn't have been nicer. We laughed and talked for about 30 minutes. Afterward my wife said "Maybe Mark isn't such a bad guy afterall. Maybe you should give him a call. He said he's looking for a good drummer."

My reply: "The whole time I was hanging out with Mark I felt like I was talking to a sleazy used car salesman. He creeps me out almost to the point of being demonic. I can smell evil seeping through his pores. I just can't get over the knife wound in the back."

Bottom Line: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote