View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #30
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Looks like if I snag a .44 hand cannon I need to invest in some RCBS dies and another powder and pistol primers. I have never reloaded for a pistol before... only 30-06 and 308 match and practice ammo for 200-300-600 yard, three position, service rifle competition and the National Match courses of fire.
I had a Model 29-2 44 with a 6" bbl, mate had the 629 classic hunter. I liked 44 mag back when we could have them. Shot a LOT of lead at the range, a fair bit of jacketed in the bush. I didn't drive the lead real hard so there was no need for gas checks & I had now fouling problems.

As said, Ruger redhawk is a stronger framed weapon but if you are shooting reloads I reckon the mod 29 is a gift from God.

In this modern age I have a Model 28 357, still the same big "N" frame the 44 is built on but only in 357. I like it but no where near as much.

Get yourself a Dillon progressive if you don't already have one. Crank out mucho rounds real quick. Pistol ammo is heaps easier to load with modern carbide dies.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote