View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
Sanders

Default Central New Mexico Bobtailed Coyote

You aren't going to believe this, so I added pictures. I've seen coyotes come over my chain link fence, in the past. The dog usually chases them off and they leave without my chickens. A few weeks ago, one of my Aracaunas disappeared. I figured a chicken hawk may have gotten it, but a hawk can't fly over my place without being attacked by ravens, and now with the change of season, swallows chasing it. Saw a bunch of swallows chasing one this morning on my way to the back to take the pics.

Now, my neighbors have a couple horses and asked if they could use my fence. Because it is such a flimsy fence, I stipulated they could, but only if they ran a hotwire on the inside of the fence to keep the horses from leaning on it. It looks like the coyote came over the fence in the back, then went over the wrong side and got hung up in the hotwire and his tail hung up on the chain link fence. If I'd been home, I'm sure there was quite a ruckus to hear.

Now I'm on the lookout for the elusive Central New Mexico Bobtailed Coyote - and he's pissed!

Coyote tail4 by B Sanders, on Flickr

Coyote tail3 by B Sanders, on Flickr

Coyote tail2 by B Sanders, on Flickr

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote