View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #28
S. Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
If only we had the 2nd Amendment here, it would have been a good move. My old grandfather emigrated to Oz from merry olde England prior to the Great War, I wish he had emigrated to the States instead. At least when the SHTF, you blokes will stand a chance, by and large, we are at the mercy of the system that screwed us.
I’ll let you in on a secret, The Second Amendment is a universal human right. That document doesn’t grant us the power to defend ourselves, we as humans have that anyway. It’s up to the individual to either exercise that human right or curl up and take whatever their oppressors throw at them. Self defense should never be viewed as a privilege. If a government is going to throw you in jail for defending your life, then don’t get caught.
If the SHTF happens down there then you can use the tactics the few Jews used in the Warsaw gehtto uprising. If your dead anyway then make them earn it the hard way, because we all will die sometime, why let them determine how?
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote