View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
That is a hard place to get drawn for. Rifle? Bow? Muzzleloader? I've been all over those mountains, probably not gonna be an easy hunt. I've seen some real nice deer come outta that area. Picked up some monster sheds when I was a kid. I wish I still had the skull I found up near Capilla Peak, if you just saw the base of the antlers you'd swear it was an elk. You taking horses?
I got drawn for rifle. The area I plan to hunt is where I was cutting wood SW of Manzano. Every time I went out there, I saw several bucks - some in the 6-8 point range. They weren't in the least spooked by woodcutters, either. They would just stand there and watch. As for horses, I don't have any, anymore.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote