View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

He's got kind of a good point but, its barrel length not overall heavy weight

For me, 26" Short barrel over/under or side by sides, 12 or 20 ga are too wipy. They wip around in the air more with no control. They dont swing smooth cause they are too short and light. Gotta be at least 28" barrels.

I cant hit birds for shit with a 26" 20ga browning or bereta O/U. But the extra barrel weight and length of a 28" barrel your swing smooths out and works good for me.

I have my real old Rem. 870 with plain 26" barrel that I never miss with, has the extra receiver length that a double doesnt have that makes the gun longer and swings ok

About 20 years ago I bout a on sale Bereta 686 12ga 28" barrel shot gun. It was on sale and a killer deal at the time. Later I found out it had the sporting clays butt stock. Solid walnut and heavyer shape. The rest of the gun was just like the field grade. I bought a new field but stock, different shape big hollowed out inside, and 1 or 2 pounds lighter. Installed that and it gave the gun a more barrel heavy feel and swings real nice plus making the gun lighter for carrying