Thread: Genesis 1:27
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:16 PM   #12
Sanders

Adam and Eve were created without sin. They were given the Garden of Eden to live in on one condition - not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. They blew it and ate from it, anyway - with a little encouragement from the serpent, who was most likely Satan. They were banished from the Garden not only for their disobedience, but also to keep them from eating from The Tree of Life, which is believed would have given them immortality in their sinful state.

Would I have done any better than them? I honestly don't know. Considering Adam walked in the Garden with God and talked with Him pretty regularly, you would think he would have resisted temptation better. Would I, who has never looked upon the face of God, but only wonder at His creation, and believe in Him through faith alone have done any better? It is the height of arrogance to think I would have.

Then God laid down laws that would make mankind's life a little easier. If you contemplate the Old Testament laws, you will find they pertain to healthy eating and sanitation. They restrict behaviors to prevent disease, moral degeneration and even birth defects. They also were to show mankind how to be obedient to God. Remember, mankind is in the state it is in because of disobedience.

But, the rules were too hard. It was easier to follow foreign and false gods. So, God finally had enough and sent His Son, Jesus, to set the example on how to live. He was born of a woman and had to go through childhood - to show that He understood what it was to be a man. Jesus simplified the law - made it so everyone could understand it. But His biggest mission was to be the final blood sacrifice for mankind. No longer would anyone have to fret over finding their best sacrifice for the corrupt priests to take or deny.

Just being sacrificed was not enough. Who would trust a dead god? Jesus went to hell and spread the word there. Then he came back, showing that death was not the end. For 40 days he cruised around with his apostles and showed everyone that he had been killed, entombed, and rose again. After that, he left to prepare a place for His people in Heaven.

At the end of days, He will return again, but not as a meek preacher. He will come back with a firey sword.......

John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God."

It is common acceptance that the Word in this case, is Jesus, as it is the introductory paragraph to the life and times of Jesus. So, Jesus was there at the beginning.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote