View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
Sanders

Default New rear sight blade for the Model 29-2

I love my Model 29-2. But I noticed it would not hold a zero. Sometimes it would be tits on and other times it would miss by 2 ft. Now, I'm no expert shot, but I dang sure know I'm not THAT bad!

After taking it out a few weeks ago and finding that if I shot at a steel target, it would hit the one to the left of it (about 12"), something had to not be quite right.

Turns out there is quite a bit of play in the windage screw, and when I turn it, it will move the blade, then lock up. A little back and forth and it feels like it is stripped.

Fortunately for me, Midway USA had one in stock, made by Smith & Wesson, for $11 and change. I might have to go to Harbor Freight and get some magnifying goggles to work on the dang thing, though.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote