View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Question Problem(s) with forgiveness

I have three issue to overcome before I could become a Christian. If Diesel reads this I would be very thankful for your input because approaching Christianity without an understanding of it's Judaic roots is folly.

I have three problems with forgiveness and forgiveness is only one of my issues preventing me from Christianity. The other two are loving your enemy and spreading the Gospel (If I don't understand Aramaic, Greek, Latin, German, Middle English to say nothing of Hebrew, the Source Language how can I presume confidence in what I say? I believe it is insulting to accost unbidden presumably innocent bystanders with my American Standard version of Truth.)

1. Is forgiving a form of approving the past wrong?

2. Is forgiving making the statement that your eye is not worth their eye?

3. Does forgiving invite future wrongs?

The loving your enemy Command is at best an attempt to "fix" someone else from outside. One will not get better until they allow themselves to improve. Until then it is best to view them as proactive/reactive obstacles of unpredictable danger and proceed with vigilance and willingness to remove their animating force from their physical manifestation.