View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Thumbs up

I just got back from taking it out and giving it a workout.It digested both FMJ and JHP with no issues whatsoever.I am pretty impressed with it.At 15 yards it was dead on target.No adjustments will have to be made.I added a pearce finger grooved rubber sleeve to the front that goes under the wood grips.Some say these ACT 7rd mags from Italy that they come with have issues but I experienced no problems and the ACT mags are actually supplied with new S&W and Novak 1911's.The Wolff mags are also made in italy and probably the same.

For years some critics have said a lot of negative things about the officer model 1911's.I gotta say that those bad experiences back in the beginning were probably due to the fact that they were chopped up government models.Some say that the 45acp out of a 3.5" barrel leaves a lot to be desired.Well IMHO I think it works just fine.Its just as accurate and reliable as my government.Its now my daily carry piece.Should of got one a lot sooner.Very happy with it,Big thumbs up.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote