View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
The only thing that IRKS me about DSLR cameras is that they SUCK for taking action/motion shots. I have a Nikon F Blackbody, 35mm that with fast film on a sunny day can be used easily at FAST shutter speeds to catch about anything...not bullets in flight though. Hell...you can't hardly even FIND camera film anymore...let alone getting it developed.
Film cameras are dinosaurs. I have a Cannon AF-1 in a camera bag on the shelf in my closet. It was great in it's day, but digital cameras are so much better. Back in it's day, most people bought the AE-1 because it was automatic. I bought the manual one so I could better control the shots.

You can take fast action shots if you have the proper lens. Not fast enough for a bullet of course, you have to use a special camera for that.

But if you use a fast lens you can do quite good. These were taking with my Nikon D850.

I even stopped the tail rotor with this photo of a helicopter flying over my house.

And an airplante prop.