View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
Pvt.Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
That's quite a find. I always figured they were made of "Unobtainium".
So did I. I had a clone build (with original parts) of an M1D about 9 years ago, but running into an M1C with a verification letter was NOT on the list of things I had planned to wind up being able to ever get. It just happened that a friend of mine had it on his table at the TN Military Collectors Show this last weekend, and he was interested in a couple of rifles that I had available (both were pretty neat in their own right but also current production commercially available ones) so we traded. I won a Kollmorgen Bear Cub scope now on GB and I am talking with a friend on FAL Files about a mount for it to attach it to the M1C, which would set it up in the MC 1952 configuration especially with all the rebuild parts being correct for that version. Not the original MC1 4XD USMC scope, granted, but those things are impossible to find and typically impossibly expense for my budget when you DO run across one. Maybe in time? But for now I would be happy to get the Bear Cub (which is what the USMC tested on these and chose as their pick of what was available at the time, before they had a run made just for them with the large turrets) and a reproduction MC1 mount for it. I'll add more photos when I get it along that far.