Thread: Smokin' a butt
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #19
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Around 5 or 6, if everything goes well. Haven't given much thought to side dishes, except for a can of Bush's baked beans.
Have you ever smoked baked beans? Damn tasty!

Here's my recipe:
1 55oz. can of Bush's "Original" Baked Beans.
1 15oz. can of Bush's Black Beans (I put 'em in a strainer, rinse them and let them drain).
1 16oz. can of Bush's Navy Beans.
1 16oz. can of Bush's Pinto Beans.
1 lb. of Raspberry-Chipotle marinated Bacon (chopped into small pieces and cooked). Drain off any grease.
1 lb. of Italian or spicy sausage (or hamburger), cooked and chopped into small chunks. Drain off any grease.

With the exception of the Black Beans, I use the juices from all the beans. I put them all in a large bowl and mix them together until they're blended well.
Add bacon and sausage, blend well.
Sometimes I sprinkle brown sugar (to taste), and stir that in also.

Refrigerate until you're ready to pour them into the aluminum roasting pan and put them in the smoker.

I then pour the beans into a disposable aluminum roasting pan (found in the baking aisle in grocery stores). I usually use the deep, 9" X 13" or the deep 12" X 12" pans.

About 2 hours before the meat will be ready to pull out of the smoker, I put the beans in BELOW the meat so juices can drip into the beans and add even more flavor. Stir every 30 minutes.

I also use Apple Juice in the water pan instead of water.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote