View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Ahhh.......unconventional hunts.

My first;
About 20 years ago, we rented a small farmhouse located at these coordinates; 43.846903,-94.218054

The house isn't there anymore, but there used to be a small tree about 15' straight out the front door. One day, I heard a racket coming from the heat ducts from the basement. Turns out, it was a little red squirrel. I had borrowed a cheap .22 revolver from a friend, so I grabbed that and waited. A little later, the little bastard could be heard heading in my direction (I was on the front porch and had removed the screen from the door). The squirrel came rocketing out from under the front door and headed straight for the tree. Up the tree it went and it grabbed an acorn and looked around to see if the coast was clear for a mad dash back into the house. "Bang", and it fell from the tree. Next thing ya know, it sounded like a herd of elephants was stampeding through the house. In my haste to carry out this mission of extermination, I had forgotten the wife was taking a nap in the bedroom directly above where I took the shot from.

I have more........
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote