View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #12
Sanders

This gun just keeps getting smoother with use. I could almost swear the recoil has lessened as well. For a 12 gauge, it has very little recoil, anyway.

I cleaned it and was surprised at how little gunk there was in it for a gas operated gun. It makes very good use of the powder, and is very efficient. Maybe it really is self-cleaning as they advertise? Still, it's a good idea to keep the barrel clean of plastic wadding residue.

I ran another 150 through it, yesterday. It didn't have so much as a single hiccup. All Estate 7-1/2 target/hunting loads.

I also ordered a couple extended, ported chokes by Carlson - one in Skeet and one in "Light Modified". But I think I'll get my fundamentals down before I start trying to play the change-a-choke game. I believe those 2 chokes will cover most ranges - plus dropping the shot size down to 8 may give me a little more shot on target.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote