View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Czubek
slug

ant The Good Lord's Telling Me Something

Started the '51 M Farmall to go hook up the Wildcat shredder and when checking it out, had two two low tires on the mains and one on the front. Got them aired up and went to where the shredder is and... both tires are flat. Got them plugged and aired up and ready to go and went to hook up to the steering draw bar and the connection didn't feel right. Ah, sure why not. An inch and a quarter stepped bolt that connects the adapter head to the tractor is all but sheered. Make a new bolt and get that installed and good to go.

Get everything hooked up and drawn up tight and go to the first field to mow.

Yee haw... Mowing time!

No, wait a minute. I had replaced both power steering hoses a couple days ago and noticed the hose block on the pump was cracked. Get the crack ground out and cleaned real good and "fixed" with some two part epoxy. While that was curing, I took a look online, not even expecting to to find a new or even used block and ... viola, Bates has some steel repops. Ordered one on the if and by come.

Well, my "fix" didn't hold. Putt back up to the garage and replace said hose block in the steering motor.

Yeah... Good to go again.

Putt back to the field and actually got that one mowed. Started on the next one and "bink" the sheer pin on the PTO shaft to the shredder popped. Putt back up to the garage and replace said sheer pin.

Yeah... Good to go yet again!! Putt back down to the next field, started mowing and "bink"... new sheer pin did it's thing and left.

Ok, Lord, I can take a hint. Tractor is parked for the day...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote