Thread: Pumpkin patch
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I'm getting rain clouds and thunderboomers around me every evening, but no rain. Everything got planted late this year. I think all I'm going to get is a mess of zucchini and some cherry tomatoes and strawberries.

My corn isn't yet knee high, but it is growing nicely.

Green beans are only about 6" high.

Not even half my onions came up, but those that did are growing nicely. They are the sweet Vidalia onions.

Green chile plants are healthy, but not producing anything yet.

Got some Cajun bell peppers on the plants that might ripen.

Broccoli suddenly decided it wanted to take off, and is looking really good. Nothing like home grown broccoli. It tastes nothing like store bought. If you hate broccoli and have never had home grown, it might change the way you think.

My lettuce will be ready to start eating in salads in a week or so - got a variety of butter, red, and romaine.

Ghost pepper plants are struggling. I planted them because that's what they use in India to keep elephants out of their gardens. So far it is working - no elephants.

The red potatoes seem to be doing well. It is the first time growing taters in a tractor tire.
I hardly planted any garden this year, I got 3 tomatoes and 2 jalapeño plants, the rain screwed me this year. I usually do a lot more but couldn’t with all the rain. Had about 50 cucumbers plants last year and 50 zucchini too, sweet corn did good last year so I might plant a few rows of corn still. I’ll post a pic in a couple weeks once I fertilize after cultivating between the rows.
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote