View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Some of the Chinese military ammo will mike ot at .312.

I'm still using up the Speer .311 bullets I bought 10 years ago, for what little reloading of 7.62x39 that I do.

Most people bothering to reload (which for years consisted pulling the fmj GI bullet, putting the powder back in and seating a 'sporting' bullet.) The Speer was a common choice and performed very well on game.

Only the Ruger mini-14 is/was bored for a .308 bullet, but handled the .310, .311 and the streay .312 quite well.

opionion seems to be that the tighter bullets were more accurate in the better SKS's and the rare bolt action, didn;t seem to matter with AK variants or the mini-14. .

I quit reloading 7.62x39 when the HP and the softpoints appeared, they met WI game laws and performed very well, (FMJ not allowed for hunting)

7,62x39 dies should work with anything in that range. Slight undersized bullets used to be intentional in some European military firearms, feeling was that while it increased blow by and reduced accuraccy very slightly, it reduced barrel wear. Dont know if anyone ever proved anything one way or the other.

1911 was typinmg while I was, yup! that's the drill!

Never bothered with any SKS or AJK type.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote