Thread: New niqqer gun
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

on the P-11, I liked the first so well I bought a second one.

Not a hunter, not a target shooter, plinker if you're not too fussy ... maybe.

What it is is a close range, safe, light weight self defense handgun. And I think it's an excellent fit to it's intended function.

That DA trigger pull is no worse than you'll find on any decent DA revolver, and mastering DA on a revolver OR a keltec does take longer than adapting to a SA trigger.

Once you learn the trigger and grip, it's surprisingly accurate out to 20-25 yards, way more than necessary for it's design function.

Trigger sucks, too curvy and too fa forward in the guard ... until you realize that those same 'flaws' combined with the long DA trigger pull help prevent most anything causing a ND while re-holstering, unlike the nested trigger in a trigger on the blocks ... errr ... Glocks.

Oh yeah, both the lack of a magazine disconnect, and the presence of true double strike capability combined with the DA always hammer fired rather than striker fired were 3 BIG reasons affecting my purchase.

Both mine have 250 rounds to date. FMJ, JHP and Critical defense, never so much as a hiccup, and way more concealable and lighter weight than my 1911's.

To my mind, it's the standard CC SD pistol out there, the one the others have to measure up to. (With a J frame S&W running arguably second).

Yep! I do like the P-11!

BTW, Davidsons alone sold at least 200 P-11's between the election and Black Friday.

As always JMHO, YMMV!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote