View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
Czubek
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
Most ministers now a days are people pleasers rather than God pleasers. They wont rock the boat but camp around inoffensive ear tickling.

Real Bible preaching is confrontational and controversial and offensive to the status quo.

Most denominations hierarchy are stacked with paedophiles, pedo enablers, adulterers, greedy, money hungry snake oil salesmen that have sold their souls to the devil. Proof positive of that is the way that faggotry, adultery and fornication is accepted by many if not most in the church now a days. For the biggest part, no sin is challenged. Churches would rather offend God than man.

Real Bible preaching is like a brick through a plate glass window, confronting hypocrisy and evil, just as Christ did with the pharisees, scribes and teachers of the law. A whip of cords and a set of balls to go with it when dealing with corruption.

Sadly, people would rather the wishy washy mamby pamby Joel Osteen approach or the Jumpin' Jan Crouch come Benny Hinn snake oilers and their bless me clubs.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2Ti 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2Ti 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--
2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

2Ti 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2Ti 3:13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
Jesus, himself, was very confrontational and offensive to all, but the true believers of the time. And you're absolutely correct about the "Most ministers now a days are people pleasers rather than God pleasers. They wont rock the boat but camp around inoffensive ear tickling." I find those ministers very offensive, as they're basically lying to you.

Years ago, in my late teens or early twenties, I witnessed an old fashioned Baptist tent revival, in south ippississiM. That turned me even further away from the Church, as I thought they were very, well, angry and just plain mean. I am thinking that is because of my upbringing in the "softer" Methodist churches I was "forced" to attend when Grandma was in town. So, I flat stayed away and had many excuse to do so.

I was very wrong. What they were saying wasn't "feel good or pleasing", but rather the hard truths. I did not and still do not agree with everything they were saying, abut they were nonetheless right.

I came to the Church recently, like the last several years, on my own. I had the opportunity to question an ELCA Lutheran pastor, at an American Legion function. I say question, I meant shared personal views about the ELCA and it's associated tacit approval of PC views. I believe to this day, I may have scared the little guy.

My wife and I attended that little Church he pastored and found some of those hard truths, mention earlier, quite contrary to the ELCA's liberal/leftist views. Our pastor now, is quite conservative and gets into the "hard truths". I appreciate that. That little country church has been in constant and continuous operation since 1848. It has survived the Civil War, the Bushwhackers and everything else thrown it's way. There is no room for the PC niceness, that has plagued so many other churches.

Quote:
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2Ti 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2Ti 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--
2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
2Ti 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2Ti 3:13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
We are witnessing this every day, especially, "2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good..."

People really need to start paying close attention to what's going on around them.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote