View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #14
Bluntforce
slug

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelKorn View Post
My experience with the AR-7 is that the magazine fit is too loose and if it's not at the right angle as the bolt goes into battery you will have a failure to feed. I solved my problem by drilling and tapping the trigger guard so I could install an 8-32 button head screw it forces the mag to rock back at the right angle
Could you post a pic?

My mags shave a lot off the bullet being very narrow at the front even with 36 grains.

I have three aftermarket 15 round mags that IIRC are complete disappointments. Been in its box for years.

My experience is it needs to have the buttplate taped to seal the air in if you want it to float. It will not float assembled or disassembled without the air trapped. It was bought in 03 or 04 before the orange grid work inside.

Strictly speaking it's not broke-in. The process of wearing-in the receiver would more than wear out the barrel. It was meant to be a canoe gun, in all likelihood where all high Fifes say we can't have them so I guess it means two things in the grand scheme: Jack & Shit (the breaking in). Still would like it to feed.