View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #124
cerberus
Dud

Because Mr. Dow's post brought this thread back up, I re-read it. I had to laugh at some of the comments regarding recoil. I have .44mags from American Derringers up to Ruger 10.5" Blackhawks and S&W 10 5/8" Silouhette. My wife and daughter both shoot M29 4" regularly with out problem. (AssHole outdoor writers regularly refer to the 4" model as 'widely known to be one of the hardest-to-handle pistol known'). BULLASHIT My wife is 5'3" and my daughter is 5'4" both around the 130# mark and have no trouble handling it. I also have a 629 MountainGun with the 3" pencil barrel. I've used that in self defense and while I heard the report, I never felt the recoil. (There is a reason that the cylinder is 'unfluted')
The first time my daughter shot the S&W 10 5/8", she asked if I had changed the ammo on her as 'it felt like I was shooting a .357'.
No one is getting the frontsight from ANY .44mag hitting them in the forehead. .500S&W, 454 Cassull, maybe. However, it is my opinion that if you need something larger than a .44mag pistol, you should consider a rifle.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote