View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Well, I'm very much in the middle of this fight. And there is a lot going on here.

First, this is only a proposal. For this to be made Church policy, it will have to be voted on at this years
General Conference and passed by a simple majority. Once it passes at General Conference
(our conference at the Global level), it will be sent back to all Annual Conferences (our conferences at
the state level, both here and overseas) worldwide and voted on a second time, in which it must
pass by a 2/3's vote at the annual conference level. Then and only then, will this plan be able to move forward.

Everyone was sure this was going to be laid to rest at the special session they held last year in which
they called it, The Commission on the Way Forward. We figured the vote would go in the way of perversion.
But at this special session, for the first time in the history of the United Methodist Church, the United
States held less than 50% of the world delegation. Before, if the US delegates banded
together, we had control.

But as our Churches in the US have become morally corrupt, our numbers have been declining in membership.
As Churches in third world countries hungered and thirsted for the unfiltered Word of God, those Churches
have been growing in numbers by astronomical amounts, specifically in Africa, Korea, and the Philippines.
Some Churches in Korea growing by 200 and 300% per year. As their numbers grew, they gained delegates
at the global level. As our numbers declined, we lost delegates at the global level.

The Churches of Africa were very vocal on the issue of homosexuality and vowed to never let it infiltrate
the Church as long as they were part of the Conference. Fortunately, they had the numbers and the
delegates to back it up. And the resolution to allow perversion was voted down.

Even though it has only been a year since the special session, we have continued to lose. They have
continued to gain. I am thinking (and praying) that this new resolution will also be voted down at this year's
General Conference. That being said, a Church split is coming in the UMC. But it is my opinion that
those with the majority vote should be the ones allowed to stay and keep the name of United Methodist.

The ones who want to accept perversion should be the ones forced to start their own.

The tea leaves that I've been reading is that the Africa delegation feels much the same way I do, but it is
still early on in the process. We knew it was coming, but hopefully they will be the ones that have to leave.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote