View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Thumbs up St. Louis style spare ribs....in the oven

We pulled a rack of St. Louis Style Spare Ribs out of the freezer a few days ago, in hopes to smoke them yesterday.

Due to the weather (very wet, heavy snow), and that the control panel on my electric smoker isn't 'water proof', we ended up putting them in a cake pan, in the oven at 350 degrees.

We didn't do anything special to prep them, except score the membrane on the underside (if I put them in the smoker, I remove the membrane), and sprinkle some steakhouse seasoning on the top. I did cut the rack of ribs in half, so they'd fit in the pan, and tightly covered the pan with aluminum foil. The wife asked, "How long do you want them in for?"

I told her, "Set the timer for 1 hour, then we'll check 'em."

An hour later, we pulled them out and I stuck the thermometer in each slab a couple places. They were at 195 degrees.

I drizzled some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on them, covered them back up, stuck 'em back in the oven and turned the oven off. The wife then made some package of Knorr Rice side dish. About 20 minutes later, we ate dinner.

The ribs turned out fantastic! I was surprised! Nice & tender, bones pulled clean. When I smoke them, I don't use BBQ sauce.

I prefer them smoked. I like the 'bark', smoky flavor and more seasonings but, I'll make 'em like this again in the future.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote