View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
dinkydow

One of my childhood buddies has two large trunks...STUFFED...with German WWII bringback stuff...Lugers, medals, daggers, hats, helmets, STUFFED. They were his Dad's WWII bringbacks. His Daddy was a tank commander with G.S.Patton's armor. His Dad passed away over twenty years ago.

Some years ago I took him in as a guest at the big OGCA show at the old GM tank plant in Cleveland...there are several "WWII German/Nazi stuff" guys that buy and sell... who set up there. He took a dagger with a blood red handle that looked like the one you posted. And a SS officers visors cap. Both of those "collectors" told us the dagger and cap were both"reproduction items" and offered a stupid low price. I recall his Father showing both of us what he had in those locked trunks when we were maybe ten years old.

I can see now how those scumbags "make" the money they do. My buddy, John, got pissed off and was starting to argue with the last guy we talked to. I told him not to bother... that the asshole was a con artist.

/

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote