View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
twa2471

I've always been leery of those damn "clamp on" , pin on style breaks myself. I've tried several over the years and every one failed,or was showing signs of doing so,some just quicker than others.

I had one on a SKS that came loose and that Fucker,,,

scared the Billy Jesus outa me when a round clipped it and ripped it right off, never found it. Shit went flying every which a way and the break tore a pretty damn deep gouge on the sight and end of the barrel. I got a bit peppered but not bad and didn't get hurt,,,,other than,,,

ALL THE SHIT STAINS IN MY DRAWS !!!

I had a AK one that loosened up too by bending the cheap pins that came with it. But that just shaved a bit of bullet and I noticed it right off.
So Needless to say I don't have much good to say about them. Honestly,, just thread the fucking barrel and get it over with and you'll get better results because the break is true and solidly mounted IMHO, and will be a hell of allot safer in the long run.

I've seen others on other peoples guns that cut a grove in the back of the font sight post/mount a couple times, and you could see definite signs of stress/ metal fatigue and some peeing on the break itself from it sliding around. Unless both surfaces are at the very least, knurled and fit perfect,,there going ta move. 2nd best would be to silver solder it on after its clamped down and running a tight rod put down the barrel through the break . Just to be sure the break is true to the bore first.

But that's just my opinions and experience I've had with them anyhoo
twa2471 is offline   Reply With Quote