View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #43
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I ordered in a case 0f .44 magnum 180gr, JHP today. I am prob going to snag a Dillon 650 with what is needed to reload .308, 30-06, .44 mag, .357 and 45 ACP.

It looks like I can use my std size RCBS, carbide rifle dies with the Dillon. Or am I full of shit? I will need to buy some Dillon accessories...it seems.
Yes mate, you can use any 7/8" standard reloading dies in the 550 or 650 (the smaller "square deal" loader is the only one with dedicated dies) so you can set up separate tool heads for each calibre with your existing dies then just change them out to suit what calibre you want to do.

Best idea is to set each tool head up with its own powder thrower so you dont have to be buggerizing around with powder calibration when you change between calibres. Its a few extra bucks but well spent.

650 is the best choice IMO, you are about to have shiploads of fun mate.

There are some really good you tube vids on setting up the 650 and converting between calibers and primer sizes and such. I found some of those more informative than the original dillon dvd that comes with the press.

Last edited by 9teen11; 01-03-2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spilling erors
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote