DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC

DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/index.php)
-   Chaplains Corner (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I am just livid! (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/showthread.php?t=162089)

Hunter07 02-06-2018 08:41 PM

I am just livid!

Found out today (by reading the local paper online!), that my daughter has been charged with a Gross Misdemeanor and is facing a $3K fine AND up to, 1 year in Jail. She hasn't mentioned a f***ing word about this to me (she did tell my wife/her mom and asked her NOT to tell me). My wife was even scared to tell me. :down:

I don't know whether or not she did what she's accused of but, she's lied to me before ("I'll pay you back dad"). The First National Bank of Dad has been CLOSED for a couple years now.

I am so pissed that I just want to choke her! But, I can't. I just wouldn't look good in a 'prison orange jumpsuit.

The wife and I will be making the move to get custody of my 7 year old grand daughter. Currently, my daughter has full custody of her and her dad is about as worthless as a $3 dollar bill.....but he lives 3 doors down from us and he has visitation rights (every other weekend & every other holiday). The wife & I have no problem with that or him.

I KNOW that we raised our daughter to be better than this! It just boggles my mind that she possibly did something THIS STUPID! F***!

cerberus 02-07-2018 12:42 AM

Mr Hunter, sorry to hear about your troubles. You ain't alone friend. I've got two step kids, both 40ish and still stuck-on-stoopid. Not a lot you can do. At least the daughter's two boys seem to have risen over their stock.
Good luck with the granddaughter custody. Down here on the 26th parallel, we have ZERO grandparent rights.
cerberus

Wraith 02-07-2018 12:49 AM

That’s rough, hopefully things will work out for the best in the end.

aviator 02-07-2018 05:24 AM

Sometimes kids do stupid things. DOn't go hard on her, it's part of learning sometimes.

Railbuggy 02-07-2018 06:26 AM

My now 29yo stepdaughter and my 25yo son were hooked on heroin a few years back. Kids do stupid stuff. There both clean now thanks to court ordered treatment. I hope it's something else. Those two kids of mine have been using off and on since 2011. My son relapsed back in 2015 and pawned some of my firearm stuff(no guns), I had to buy it back from the pawnshop at cost. I moved away from that area in May of 2016 and live in a Condo now. I lost control of them when me and there mom divorced in 2007. They wish they listened to dad more now. I won't help them if there using. I don't won't them around if there using. My youngest is 16 now and he has a 3.9gpa and wants to be a cop after he does a tour in the military. Hope your daughter sees the light and gets back on track.

44044 02-07-2018 07:39 AM

Kids make mistakes...

Remember that they will learn from

how you conduct yourself about this

The closer they are to you, as a child,

the more they have to rebel in order

to break free...then what they learned

from you kicks in.

dhr 02-07-2018 12:56 PM

The very young do not always do as they are told...and many times the less than young as well...

We raise them as best as we are able, but ultimately all choices are up to them.

Sanders 02-07-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable (Post 1402087)
The very young do not always do as they are told...and many times the less than young as well...

We raise them as best as we are able, but ultimately all choices are up to them.

Isn't that the truth.

Preacher 02-07-2018 09:49 PM

A parent should always do what is best for their kids. That being said, sometimes the best thing is to let them fall on their face and learn from their mistakes. The worst thing a parent can do is to enable their children to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Sooner or later, they need to learn to stand on their own two feet.

Stalky 06-28-2018 11:25 PM

Smart troubled kids enlist in the Armed Forces.
Because they want to Excell.
And fit in somewhere.
Army saved me.