DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC

DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/index.php)
-   Handguns (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   Prices for CMP 1911s (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/showthread.php?t=163698)

Eightball 05-09-2018 09:16 PM

Prices for CMP 1911s

From an email today. You guys can jump on one if you want but I think I will pass.

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Field Grade $950.
Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Rack Grade $850.
Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.

Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.

cerberus 05-09-2018 11:41 PM

Well now, my 70 Series Combat Commander and my several Rock Islands are just looking better and better.
And I won't even mention my Stars. Every time I do, some damned Yankee up in the Old Dominion starts getting weird on me.
cerberus

baboon 05-10-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eightball (Post 1418838)
From an email today. You guys can jump on one if you want but I think I will pass.

I won't even fart in their general direction!

THE DUDE 05-10-2018 09:46 AM

fuck that, already paid for with american tax dollars and lives.

Nothing but new age war profiteers .

Enforcer 05-12-2018 12:59 PM

This is all CMP bullshit, first of all, any decent 1911 or 1911A1 will be put on their auction site where the CMP's rich friends will buy them. Second, they will do parts swapping to get 'correct" pistols for their auction site. The grades which are left are essentially "service grade" and "fucked up" the service grade will be ugly but usable (meaning it will fire a cartridge and cycle) and look like rusty shit, and the fucked up (Field and Rack grades) may not work and will look like rusty and pitted shit. Plus at 8 to 10 thousand pistols a year, CMP will be able to do this for 10 to 12 years.

A.J. 05-12-2018 10:38 PM

Sorry. Love to have one but just too much money.

Sanders 05-13-2018 08:36 AM

I'll pass.

But those Philippines returned Garands, now.....

MrKalashnikov 05-13-2018 12:55 PM

I passed on the chance to buy an original WWI Colt 1911 with matching numbers about 5 years ago. Original finish and in really sweet condition...the guy was asking $900 but I thought that was too much.

Looking at these prices now, I regret letting that one "get away". :(