DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC

DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Texas Members... (http://www.dirtydozensbunker.com/showthread.php?t=180083)

44044 02-16-2021 06:04 PM

Texas Members...

How are y'all doing, got electric,

staying warm, got heat?...

Stay safe

dinkydow 02-16-2021 06:22 PM

That green energy bull shit is on display...showing why it simply is not practical. Without billions in US Taxpayer subsidies...it would be toast..cold toast at that.

MEAT 02-16-2021 06:22 PM

Just talked to my daughter, she lives northwest of Dallas. 8” on the ground 15 degrees. Electric still on, but her in-laws lost theirs yesterday, and still out.

Grandkids are just loving it!

Rick-a-Roo 02-17-2021 09:01 PM

Without power since 1:11 pm yesterday, low water pressure affecting toilet flushes. Gas heater, so keeping toasty warm. No internet connection until about an hour ago on cellphone, hence late update. Flashlights saving our sanity. W.T. Back in his shelter and just had his evening meal. All other critters doing well; the humans’ fuses a little frayed since our portable generator refused to fire up.

44044 02-17-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo (Post 1579952)
Without power since 1:11 pm yesterday, low water pressure affecting toilet flushes. Gas heater, so keeping toasty warm. No internet connection until about an hour ago on cellphone, hence late update. Flashlights saving our sanity. W.T. Back in his shelter and just had his evening meal. All other critters doing well; the humans’ fuses a little frayed since our portable generator refused to fire up.

If it is gas try a little Zippo lighter fluid

or a very little 'smell' of ether...

Glad your safe Sir

Merc 02-17-2021 10:33 PM

May I suggest any video by this guy.
Interesting videos and he has a great dog.

He lives off the grid in Canada .
He has many videos on cabin building ,
do it yourself, self reliance, roughing it ,
and living off the grid without the Big Machine.

https://youtu.be/V3g0PjsQzLA

Stay out of harm's way,
MERC

Merc 02-17-2021 11:12 PM

Here is another video from this guy.
In this video , his front porch isn't built yet ,
but his outdoor cooking area is .
All of his videos are good .
I stream them from my phone to the high TV
and then go about my business around the house .
All of his videos are good .

https://youtu.be/P4XPIfQW-Rs

Journey well,
MERC

4thIDvet 02-18-2021 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merc (Post 1579960)
May I suggest any video by this guy.
Interesting videos and he has a great dog.

He lives off the grid in Canada .
He has many videos on cabin building ,
do it yourself, self reliance, roughing it ,
and living off the grid without the Big Machine.

https://youtu.be/V3g0PjsQzLA

Stay out of harm's way,
MERC

My prayers for all you folks down in those bad storms.
Merc I have watched every video that guy has put out from his clearing the land on. He has his act together but still learned as he went.
Super creative fixing his mistakes improving and showing you don't need modern technology to survive. When times get tough don't panic start thinking. :thumbsup:

Merc 02-18-2021 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thIDvet (Post 1579978)
My prayers for all you folks down in those bad storms.
Merc I have watched every video that guy has put out from his clearing the land on. He has his act together but still learned as he went.
Super creative fixing his mistakes improving and showing you don't need modern technology to survive. When times get tough don't panic start thinking. :thumbsup:

His videos are great .
I really liked his cabin when he added the porch
and the outdoor cooking area

Journey well,
MERC

4thIDvet 02-18-2021 02:24 AM

"We are very angry," she said. "I was checking on my neighbor, she’s angry, too. We’re all angry because there is no reason to leave entire neighborhoods freezing to death. This is a complete bungle."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/6778122002/

Uh no lady you and your bumbling stupid idiot neighbor are the mo=rons for not being prepared. Disasters happen stupid like anywhere.
Did you crank up your generator start pulling the fuel you had stored for it out?
Good job girl got the heat on your water purification tabs now go in your prepped storage room and start making dinner sit back watch T.V. relax and stay calm till things get back on track.
Didn't prep you say it can't happen here? Sorry bout yer luck A hole. Die. :agree:

44044 02-18-2021 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thIDvet (Post 1579980)
"We are very angry," she said. "I was checking on my neighbor, she’s angry, too. We’re all angry because there is no reason to leave entire neighborhoods freezing to death. This is a complete bungle."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/6778122002/

Uh no lady you and your bumbling stupid idiot neighbor are the mo=rons for not being prepared. Disasters happen stupid like anywhere.
Did you crank up your generator start pulling the fuel you had stored for it out?
Good job girl got the heat on your water purification tabs now go in your prepped storage room and start making dinner sit back watch T.V. relax and stay calm till things get back on track.
Didn't prep you say it can't happen here? Sorry bout yer luck A hole. Die. :agree:

They knew the storm was coming and

did nothing to prepare...Don’t be a victim,

be prepared...

4thIDvet 02-18-2021 06:19 AM

Should have prepped you stupid bitches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44044 (Post 1579986)
They knew the storm was coming and

did nothing to prepare...Don’t be a victim,

be prepared...

"The Government will save us"

I read what that stupid bitch and her neighbor said and I had to respond. Hell I started talking to the screen AWT. :L
WTF those high wire lineman guys are some of the best of the best but they can only do so frigging much so fast. They stopped in here a bit back with a lineman buddy of mine and they were from all over the damn country.
Were so used to loosing power 'hurricanes' here in Fla. were numb to it. I wonder how many with all due respect to the ones who are not bitching actually think the govt. should just flip the damn switch and bingo life is back to normal.
Damn people are spoiled and null to survival techniques. :naw:

aviator 02-18-2021 06:29 AM

Good to hear from you Rick. Stay safe.

Did baboon move out yet? he may be stuck somewhere in the ice.

44044 02-18-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thIDvet (Post 1579988)

"The Government will save us"

I read what that stupid bitch and her neighbor said and I had to respond. Hell I started talking to the screen AWT. :L
WTF those high wire lineman guys are some of the best of the best but they can only do so frigging much so fast. They stopped in here a bit back with a lineman buddy of mine and they were from all over the damn country.
Were so used to loosing power 'hurricanes' here in Fla. were numb to it. I wonder how many with all due respect to the ones who are not bitching actually think the govt. should just flip the damn switch and bingo life is back to normal.
Damn people are spoiled and null to survival techniques. :naw:

I was talking to a buddy, last week,

that worked on high transmission lines

about when we had a cold front hit

some thirty years ago...-30 degrees...

He said he’ll yes he remembered it...

He was up a pole at 0200 and it was

-36 there...and that wasn’t the Wind

Chill either...

Diesel 88888888 02-18-2021 06:47 AM

Today's Texan is not the Texan of my youth 75 years ago...all those fancy fireplaces in the new homes of today are worse than worthless if the only wood you have to burn is the furniture...and when you do that beware of the plastic stuff because 'those' fumes will kill ya.

This 'event' of weather is a gift of G-d...clearly the fools in DC will be shown for the death merchants they truly are; FREEZE DC then tell US about solar and wind resources...or maybe figure out how to burn ice.

An IGLOO only requires a candle size flame to heat...or a small light bulb (the old fashioned kind) for the same heat...that and some seal meat/fat will keep a family of 12 cozy and comfortable.

Truly, I wish that I could see this power outage event as something other than an opportunity to convince folks that if they want to live then a change of opinion is in order...the pretender biden is the fool in the grip of determined ignorance and destitution...and if anyone else must freeze then let it be the thief's who stole DC!:rebel: